Preserves You from all Evil


The Lord promises definite protection for the ones who have a true relationship with the Lord Jesus, who have been washed from their sins by the precious blood.  This teaching is clearly stated in Psalm 121, one of the songs of ascents, which was sung as the people went up to Jerusalem to celebrate the following three feasts:
  1. The Passover: to thank the Lord for His salvation
  2. The Feast of the Pentecost: to thank the Lord for His material blessings
  3. The Feast of the Tabernacle: to thank the Lord for His protection

This Psalm was sung, as they journeyed, for protection from:  the rough road, robbers, and scorching sun also:
“I will lift my eyes to the hills – From whence comes my help?” (Psalm 121: 1) I lift my eyes to the Lord; where the real help comes from.  Thus I will not fear the road.  I receive assistance from the hand of the Lord.  “My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121: 2) who controls incidences and people for my good and my protection.  He subjects politics and laws for my peace and prosperity.
“He will not allow your foot to be moved;” (Psalm 121: 3) Satan always tries to harm you and labors to make you stumble, but the Lord safeguards you from going down to the Pit, and preserves you from falling into sin.  Thank the Lord for His protection; which is confirmed in many verses such as:
“For You have delivered my soul from death.  Have You not kept my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” (Psalm 56: 13)
“He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.” (Psalm 18: 33)
“They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down; they have dug a pit before me; into the midst of it they have themselves fallen” (Psalm 57: 6)
“He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.” (Psalm 40:2)
All these verses confirm the continuous protection; thus the psalm reiterates, “He will not allow your foot to be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.” (Psalm 121: 3). The Lord does not slumber to give His beloved the ability to sleep; meaning He always protects you.  It is not dependent on you.  Be free from worry and cast all your cares and fears on Him.  The Lord preserves you from known and apparent dangers as well as hidden and obscure ones, “The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.” (Psalm 121: 6)
Enjoy definite protection and recap this Psalm when you face danger or fear, for “The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand.” (Psalm 121: 5)
“The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.” (Psalm 121: 7) Proclaim these words, for they are able to put an end to your fear.  You will be restful and able to sleep in tranquility and peace.  The Lord will send His angels to protect you; no plague shall come near your dwelling.
“The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” (Psalm 121: 8) The Lord shall preserve you at the beginning and at the end; the beginning and the end of a phase, representing life in general which is made up of going out and coming in … meaning He will protect you all the time.
Say to the Lord: You are my Help and protection.  You preserve me: preserve my soul, emotions, and preserve me from all evil.  You preserve me in your will and prosper my path.
Proclaim: I am fully preserved by the power of God!